Monday, June 27, 2016

Garden Glimpses




     It's hard to find truly blue flowers for the garden, but this delphinium sure fits the bill. Isn't the color glorious? It's growing in my big garden which continues to be a work in progress. 

I'm pleased with my small garden which measures ten by eleven feet.



There's a solar fountain in the middle which I bought as a retirement gift to myself in 2009 :-). I store it away each fall, and it burbles and bubbles in the sunlight all summer long.

This morning I spent a few hours working in my big garden, but quit when the heat and humidity set in. The big garden is sixteen by twenty-three feet. Whew! No wonder it's taking me so long to get it the way I want it. This garden has all perennials except for a few annuals in the front. I've been making many changes to this garden; moving things around, making spots for the new plants that I have purchased, and it is finally looking pretty good. I'll post photos soon.


These two new guinea impatiens were inside on my sunporch, but they were not tolerating the heat well, so I decided to plant them outside in this old chair. Why the duck? Well, there was a space in the front which will soon fill in, but in the meantime, I grabbed one of my little ducks to fill up the spot.


Finally, here's a little thrift shop teapot that I plan to use in a piece of garden art.  Check back in a few days to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment