Tuesday, April 26, 2016

A Modern Quilt Sampler


At this morning's meeting of the Crosstown Quilters Guild, member Nancy Hunt showed off her quilt based on Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern Quilt Blocks book.  It was so striking that I asked her permission to share this photo on my blog. Here's a close-up to show you the awesome sashing that she used.


In the foreground of the top photo, you will also see the tuffet that Nancy made during the recent Herring Run Quilt Guild  retreat. 

I, too, have this book and after seeing her quilt, it makes me think I should work on one; h'mmm . . . perhaps I'll add it to my list. :-)

3 comments:

  1. The "never ending" list! I'm so very familiar with the term. The smashing in this quilt is lively and certainly adds some punch doesn't it. I love your blog Janice and so amazed at your never ending energy level.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey - I'm so glad you enjoy my blog. I don't think I'll ever run out of ideas for quilt projects. ;-) It's a wonderful pastime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how that is, between my ever growing stash, my addiction to fat quarters and my inability to walk away from a pattern I like I am in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete