Sunday, December 6, 2015

Vintage Tree Farm Quilt


When I saw the pattern for "Vintage Tree Farm" from Buttermilk Basin, I just knew that I would have to make this wallhanging, and  I did so in record time for me. . . less than a week. Here's a closeup of the old truck. I'm not sure you will be able to see them, but I added tiny little buttons to the wreath and larger buttons for the hubcaps.



This afternoon my friend Marilyn and I went on the Laboure Christmas House Tour in South Boston. I don't know about you, but I love house tours, especially at Christmas. It's fun to pick up decorating ideas. We parked at Castle Island and a trolley or bus brought people to each of the seven houses on the tour.   What wonderful people the owners were to open their homes and to greet so many visitors.  Professional designers added holiday touches to each home, and quite a few seemed to use the palette shown in this tree. While I prefer the traditional Christmas colors in my home, these vibrant blue colors looked wonderful in the 'modern" style homes we visited.


The weather could not have been better, so we walked to some of the houses and then back to Castle Island. Let's just say,  I easily made my 10,000 steps and then some on my Fitbit today. Along the way, we passed a flock of gulls lined up enjoying this particularly warm and glorious December day.


This evening I decorated my  living room Christmas tree with lots more decorating still to do. 

1 comment:

  1. have fun with your decorating .. hope that includes your lovely wall hanging xx I don't think we have open house visiting here .. apart from Stately Homes xx

    Enjoy your lovely weather .. we have the first DRY day in days xx

    ReplyDelete