Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Pink Chairs Are Put Away



Well, it's sad to say, but today, I finally admitted that winter might really be on its way and put away the pink lawn chairs. After church this morning, I emptied flower pots, put away the solar water fountain, curled up the hose, and gathered up garden ornaments. I wish I could tell you that Emma was a big help, but all she did was bark at the squirrels and look pretty darn cute in her new $3.00 sweater. (No warmth, but tons of style!)


Yesterday, I went to an excellent craft fair at the Dedham Middle School where I purchased this sweet little Irish cottage painted slate.


This adorable reindeer also came home with me.


Who could resist these handmade angel ornaments?  I purchased one for each of my four little girl cousins. Ssshhhh, don't tell.

Finally, I wanted to show this little embroidered tablecloth that was made by one of my aunts probably in the forties or fifties. It was in their attic when I cleared out their home in the eighties. I came across it the other day while looking for something else and thought that it might look cute on my kitchen table.


Here' s a close up of the stitching. 


By the way, those  Gurley Thanksgiving candles which are probably the same vintage as the tablecloth still have their original .10 price stickers underneath. :-)

1 comment:

  1. well... now everything is put away in the garden ... you will just HAVE to get the "stuff" out in the house xx LOVE her coat x

    ReplyDelete