Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Beachcombing Fun


     This morning I attended a meeting of the Crosstown Quilters. Shortly after I returned home, my godchild and her two little girls arrived for a visit. It was very, very hot and since school for them starts tomorrow, we decided to head to Nantasket for one last afternoon of summer fun. After a not-so-quick lunch, we spent an hour or so beachcombing. We searched for beach glass, interesting rocks, and shells, and the girls brought all of these treasures home.

     There were sandpipers scurrying along the water's edge, but they were too quick to get a good photo with my iPhone. I'll have to head down there with my "real" camera to try to get some better photos. On the way home, we stopped for ice cream.

     It's hard to believe that these little cousins will be starting first and fourth grades this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment