Sunday, March 1, 2015

It's Sunday; Snow Is Coming


I can't remember a Sunday when we haven't had a snowstorm. This time we're expecting just three to six inches to fall during the overnight hours. Compared to recent storms, this will be practically nothing. We'll be waiting to see if this snowfall helps us break the all time snowfall record in the Boston area which stands at 108 inches. Will we top that with this storm????


Some members of the South Shore Camera Club visited Kennedy's Country Garden in Scituate on Saturday morning. With all of the cold, snowy weather we have been having I am sure everyone had a wonderful times. I was torn about going as this was also a quilting weekend. Quilting won out, but I did spend a little time at home photographing this pink amaryllis before I left for quilting. (If you check out the Kennedy's website, be sure to sign up for their wonderful newsletter.)
     It was a good week with a third birthday party last Saturday for one of my little cousins, lunch with friends on Thursday, and a full weekend of quilting. I'm pleased to say that I finished a quilt top for another one of my little cousins. It's bright and colorful, and I think she is going to love it. I intend to bring this quilt top to a long arm quilter in NH, but when I am able to get there will depend on the weather. I just heard the weatherman say that more storms are on their way this week. :-(
      Finally, Star Trek fans everywhere are mourning the death of Leonard Nimoy,  Spock. Nimoy was an actor, director, and a poet. In his last tweet, he wrote . . .

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had
but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

Live long and prosper.

No comments:

Post a Comment