Saturday, March 7, 2015

Another Busy and Quilty Week


     On Tuesday, I went with friends to Contoocook, NH, to drop off quilts to be long-armed at Dancing Crane Quilting. My quilt is for my godchild's nine year old daughter. I can't wait for her to see it as it's so happy and colorful. Of course, this day trip included lunch at Daniel's restaurant in Henneker and a stop at Quilted Threads, a wonderful quilt shop just up the street from the restaurant.
     On Thursday night, I went to Heart in Hands quilt shop for the first session of a seven month BOM (Block of the Month). I'll post photos as I go along.
     Yesterday, my friend Laurel came to spend the day quilting, and then we attended a meeting at Heart in Hands. The turnout was low which was not surprising given the cold weather and difficult driving and parking conditions.
     This morning, the pink star quilt above was donated at the Herring Run Quilt Guild meeting. A few years ago, one of my friends Liz was the high bidder at a charity silent auction at our quilt show. Many members of our guild had made the individual pink star blocks. The money from the basket of blocks went to breast cancer research. Four of Liz's friends joined her in making quilts from the blocks and then donated the quilts to the guild's comfort quilt program. As with most other guilds, quilts are made and donated to various groups where they are most needed.  You would be amazed not only with the talent but also the generosity of quilters. My quilt top had been made right away, but I didn't get around to quilting it until one of our recent storms.
     One positive aspect of the historic weather that we have been experiencing is the amount of work displayed during 'Show and Tell" today. It was simply amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment