Tuesday, March 24, 2015

A Porcupine Masterpiece


I attended a quilt guild meeting this morning at our local library. This masterpiece was hanging on a bulletin board at the back of the meeting room. Isn't it wonderful! There was no name or age or other information to indicate who the artist was. In case you can't make them out, the quills are toothpicks. It made me smile and I hope it makes you smile as well.

Speaking of sharp critters, here's a tightly cropped, close up look at the red tail hawk photo that I posted earlier this week. Look at those talons!!! Yikes!!! Hawks have three claws facing forward and one claw facing backward on each leg. Fortunately for its prey, the talons' punctures usually cause instantaneous  death.  Not a cheerful topic, but nevertheless interesting . . .  [Be sure to click on the hawk photo to see the incredible detail.]


1 comment:

  1. The art work made me smile, and a beautiful hawk portrait Janice.

    ReplyDelete