Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015 - Another Blizzard on the Way


Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!!!

A couple of days ago, I collected my snowmen decorations and wallhangings and packed them away, but I just finished this wool felt appliqué piece this afternoon so I will hang it up for awhile.  I had purchased this wall quilt kit "Snowmen Friends" before Christmas at Quilted Threads in Henneker, NH. The design is by Rachel T. Pellman and the finished piece measures 13" x 15." I started seriously working on it during the week leading up to the Super Bowl. 

Here's a close-up of one section. A stab stitch was used for all of the appliqué.


This morning Emma carefully inspected the path I had shoveled to get near the back of the garage roof with my snow rake.




It will be interesting to see how much snow we receive over the course of the next twenty-four hours. The meteorologists are warning of high winds, heavy snow, and extremely cold temperatures to follow. We have had more snow in the last three weeks than Chicago has ever had in an entire winter. Anchorage, Alaska, has only had twenty inches this year. This is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness we have received help from neighboring states in the form of heavy equipment and snow melting machines, and the National Guard in this area has been working on removing the mountains of snow at intersections. 

We will get through this together, and spring is coming soon, right????????

No comments:

Post a Comment