Monday, June 23, 2014

Paint Nite Masterpieces


   My friend Marilyn and I attended a Paint Nite event in Stoneham last night where we created these magnificent sunflower paintings, true works of art. They might have been even a tad more impressive if the other thirty-six people in attendance hadn't recreated basically the exact same thing. It was somewhat like Captain Bob and his Magic Window. Let me explain that reference for those not from the New England area. Captain Bob was a gentle, wonderful artist and TV personality who would show children how to draw various subjects early every Saturday morning. I loved his program which ran for decades. Children would follow along and sketch whatever he was presenting, usually something from nature though I do recall once sketching a portrait of Abraham Lincoln. I'm not sure my piece truly resembled our 16th president, but the memory of it has stayed with me.
    Back to last night . . . it was just about the same step by step process following the directions and strokes of the instructor. Everyone seemed to be having a great time, and many people said they have attended a number of times. It really was fun, and I have just the right spot to hang this in my kitchen. Yes, I'm going to hang this bright and cheerful piece up; I'm all about bright and cheerful!!! If you're looking for an activity to do with friends, give it a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment