Wednesday, June 18, 2014

In My Garden This Week


     I don't believe that I have ever had a foxglove in my garden before, but when I saw this beautiful plant at the garden center I couldn't resist. 
     I've been putting in many, many hours in my large garden; I'm determined to get it under control this summer. Yesterday afternoon I reclaimed an area about 5 by 5 feet area and planted blue salvia, red blanket flowers, shasta daisies, and some tall, pale yellow marigolds. After I mulch this section, I'll post a photo.


On Sunday after church, I finally got around to painting some items with rustoleum. This sweet little chair was once part of a breakfast set. It had become badly rusted after a few summers outside, but with a little bit of paint it's as good as new and cute as a button.  I've been planning to do this for well over a year. 


My friend Donna and I had purchased two wrought iron planters at a craft fair some years back, and they had both become worn and rusty. Once when I stopped by Donna's house, I took hers and said I would paint them both. I had the very best of intentions. It's a good thing she was so patient, but now at least, they are done. The front of my house is shady, so I have planted mine with impatients.


While I was at it, I also painted this little rusty schnauzer garden sign and yesterday picked up the little red collar for two dollars at Job Lot. Does this sign remind you of anyone? 


No gardening today as the temperature and humidity are on the rise. Cooler temps are forecast for later this week. Hope all is beautiful in your corner of the world.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful plants and colours you have in your garden .. including the painted dog!! lol x I have self seeded fox gloves in my garden .. love them x here in the UK they only flower every other year .. so need to have plants that originally grew in alternate years x

    ReplyDelete