Thursday, April 24, 2014

Mystery Ride with Crosstown Quilters



     Yesterday morning thirty-three members of the Crosstown Quilting Guild along with two of my friends climbed on a bus in Rockland for a Mystery Ride. We headed south and our first stop was at Knit One Quilt Too in Barrington, RI.  I am not a knitter, but the selection of luscious yarn was absolute eye candy. If you are a knitter, definitely put this shop on your list. Of course, there was also a fine selection of fabric, notions, wool kits, silk ribbons, books, and embroidery threads and yarns. This was my first time visiting this shop, and it was delightful.


     Next it was off to lunch at Hose Company 6 in Pawtucket, RI. where the food was delicious. As the name implies, the restaurant is located in a former fire station. Then we headed to Lorraine Fabrics also in Pawtucket and Ryco's Sewing Center in Lincoln, RI.
      So what did I buy? Really not much . . . just a couple yards of fabric and some laces, beads, silk ribbons, etc. for a crazy quilt project.


I've never done any crazy quilting, but I do have a couple of books on the topic. My plan is to create two wallhangings featuring beautiful vintage photographs of my grandmothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment