Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Nubble Light and The Monuments Men


     I spent this afternoon with George Clooney. Well, not exactly with him, but rather I went to the  cinema to see The Monuments Men starring George Clooney and Matt Damon. The film was based on Robert M. Edsel's non-fiction book The Monuments Men: Allied Heroes, Nazi Thieves and the Greatest Treasure Hunt in History. A fine cast, a compelling story, and Alexandre Desplat's musical score all contribute to a very good movie. My rating . . . B+
     On the way home from the quilt getaway in NH on Sunday, I stopped by Nubble Light. Since it was just a half hour away from where we were staying, I had originally planned to get up and drive to the lighthouse for the sunrise on Saturday morning. Sunrises come early, so I eventually decided to forgo that idea. I didn't feel too bad when Saturday morning then dawned cloudy and dull.


     For those not familiar with it, Nubble Light or Cape Neddick Light as it is also called, is located in Cape Neddick, York, Maine. It is one of the prettiest, most photographed lighthouses in New England. 



No comments:

Post a Comment