Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Final Post of 2013


 
     Here is my last project for 2013. I started working on it during this past weekend of quilting and finished sewing the binding today. The pattern is "Reindeer Holiday" designed by Jan Kornfeind from Country Appliques. I knew when I saw the pattern online that I would have to make it!


The pattern showed printed white fabric for the reindeers against a red background, but I chose to use sparkly white snowy fabric for the background and brown suede-like fabric for the reindeer. I was also lucky enough to find a red and green braid to frame the reindeer. I love, love, love how it turned out! It's time to pack away the Christmas decorations until next year, but I may leave this wallhanging up for a bit.


     Yesterday morning I met friends for breakfast in Hingham. It was good to see them and to catch up on all their news. A few hours later Emma and I had a visit from my godchild Kristin and her little girls. They played with Emma and then after going to lunch we came back and played some more. They enjoy hearing me play my flute and so they sang a couple of Christmas tunes while I accompanied them.  Emma turned two today, so the girls frosted a few small bones and sang 'Happy Birthday" to her. Emma wasn't quite sure what it was all about, but it involved treats and the girls, so she was beside herself with happiness.
     As 2013 draws to a close, it's time to think about resolutions. I think I'll just work on the same few resolutions that I have made for the last two or three years . . . maybe in 2014 I might actually follow through on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment