Saturday, July 13, 2013

New Neighbors Out for a Stroll



     I awoke this morning to the sound of raindrops falling on the roof of the sunporch which meant my plans to spend the day gardening were cancelled. Then glancing out the porch door, I spied in my neighbor's backyard, Mrs. Tom Turkey and her poults who have been roaming around our neighborhood for the last week or two.



     

     After thoroughly checking out my neighbor's yard, Mrs. Tom then decided to explore my yard.


     Mom flew up and over the fence while the babies came through the space where the fences meet. Mom's attempt to take a drink from the bird bath only succeeded in knocking it over.



     The babies stayed hidden in the plants growing along the fence. The best part . . .  two hummingbirds were flitting about from one stalk of bee balm to another and the mist and drizzle were no doubt doing absolute wonders for my complexion. It was a lovely way to start the day.





1 comment: