Sunday, December 2, 2012

What a Difference a Day Makes


     Yes, these are the same roses from Friday's post. We had snow flurries all day Saturday. There was a good coating of snow on the lawn, but it melted on the roads. Last night when I took Emma out for the last time before bedtime, the snow on the cabbage plants on my porch caught my eye. It was about 11:30 and very cold, but I went inside, grabbed my small camera, and snapped this quick photo.


     Why didn't I wait until this morning to take the photo? Well, that's because by this morning the snow had all melted and the temperature was in the high forties. Tomorrow it will be even warmer in the fifties. You have to love New England weather; the only thing constant about our weather is the inconstancy of it.
     Yesterday, I took Emma to see Santa. It was a fund raiser at a pet stop in Hingham Center, and the money was to be donated to an organization which builds adaptive homes for returning disabled veterans. I was afraid of how Emma might handle sitting on Santa's lap, but I needn't have worried. She was adorable. I can't wait to see the photo that I should receive sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment