Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Spirit


     Though the halls are decked and the trees trimmed,  it has been difficult if not impossible to feel any Christmas spirit after the unspeakable tragedy which took the lives of so many beautiful, innocent children and adults in Newtown, CT last week.
      Yesterday afternoon, I attended a Christmas show at the school of one of my youngest cousins. It was a truly joyful program filled with songs by each of the grades and a Nativity play put on by the eighth graders. All of the children had obviously practiced long and hard, and it brought a smile to the faces of everyone in the audience as we watched and listened to each enthusiastic performance.
    This photo above is of the Portiuncula Chapel  on the grounds of the Cardinal Cushing Center in Hanover, MA. I took this quick shot with my small Canon PowerShot which I always carry with me. Emma had been at the groomers, and so after picking her up I circled around to look at the lights. I hopped out of the car and took this quick shot.
    Here is Emma all spiffed up and ready for Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment