Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting Day 2012


     Today dawned clear, bright and cold here in New England, a perfect day to get out and vote. I just returned from casting my vote, and I was thrilled to see that by 9:10 a.m. 293 votes had already been cast at my precinct. There are many precincts in Weymouth, so this is a good indication that the voting turnout will be high.

     "Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual--or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country. "
Samuel Adams, The Writings of Samuel Adams, Harry Alonzo Cushing, editor (New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1907), Vol. IV, p. 256.

     I am, admittedly, a political news junkie and watch the pundits on the major news channels and will spend tonight channel surfing. While my friends are totally tired and fed up with the long campaign, the thousands of commercials, the obscene amount of money being spent, the conventions and the debates, I have to say that I will miss it all!  :-)


    

No comments:

Post a Comment