Sunday, September 30, 2012

Kaffe Fassett


     On Friday evening I attended a lecture by Kaffe Fassett at Bentley College in Waltham. If you don't know the name, he is an internationally known fabric designer. I enjoyed hearing about his design process and seeing a slide show of his work. Though I, myself, have never worked with his fabric, it was clear that the majority of people in the audience were huge fans. He is also well known in the world of knitting and needlepoint. As we were exiting the lecture, there was a long line of people waiting to get their books signed. All together, it was an interesting evening.
    This was also a quilting weekend with friends. I spent my time working on blocks for a "one block wonder" quilt. Here's a sneak peek as I was playing around with a few of the hexagons.


No comments:

Post a Comment