Saturday, May 5, 2012

Arnold Arboretum

 
 
     This morning I paid my first visit to the Arnold Arboretum in the Jamaica Plain section of Boston. The Arnold Arboretum of Harvard University is the oldest arboretum in North America. Next Sunday is Lilac Sunday, but since I had a previous commitment, I went with two of my friends early this morning to visit this lovely spot.



     Due to our recent warm weather, the lilacs are about two weeks early this year. Each lilac bush is labeled with the type of lilac and its country of origin.


      The light wasn't great this morning, but it was still a pleasant place to take a walk. Though the hour was early, there were many runners, walkers, birdwatchers, and lilac admirers strolling the grounds. I know it is a place to which I will return. I will feature more photos from this visit in my next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment