Monday, April 30, 2012

Two Lovely Quilts

     As I have mentioned previously, once a month I spend a weekend quilting with friends at a local hotel. It's perfect. We set up our sewing machines and come and go as we want.  It's a wonderful group of talented ladies, and it's always great fun. It's exciting to see what everyone has been working on. I had hoped to post three photos of some stunning quilts, but I goofed and I have only two to show you.
     Here's Judy's beautiful log cabin. She did all of the machine quilting herself.




     My friend Maribeth has been a really busy beaver having completed three magnificent quilts in the last few months. I posted two of her disappearing nine patches back when we went to the Cape. Here's another quilt that she has recently finished. I'm not sure which pattern this is, but I just love the colors.
          [Update from Maribeth: It's called "Southern Comfort", a pattern for 2 1/2" strips, by Cozy Quilt Designs.] 


     Now in case you're wondering what I've been working on, it's a "New York Beauty Floral" wallhanging. I'm nearly finished quilting it and after I add a few embellishments, I'll post a photo of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment