Monday, February 27, 2012

Silence Is Golden

     On Saturday I met my precious, one day old cousin. What a sweet, sweet bundle of joy he is.
     Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon watching the pre-shows for the Academy Awards. I love the whole spectacle from beginning to end, and it was fun having Billy Crystal once again as ringmaster. The fashions this year were simply beautiful and the actual telecast seemed to move right along. Some years it seems to drag on and on, but not this year. The Cirque de Soleil performance was magical.
     The Artist, my favorite film this year, won the Oscar for Best Picture, and it was well deserved. Though George Clooney is my dream guy, I'm glad that Jean DuJardin won for Best Actor as he was simply wonderful in The Artist. I have yet to see War Horse, and after seeing Hugo receive so many awards I'd like to see them both on the big screen.
     

1 comment:

  1. I took my grandson to see Hugo... he loved it...I'll be honest, I found it a over long and got a bit bored... however seeing his enjoyment made up for it. I suppose I'm saying... take a child to keep you entertained!! lol x

    ReplyDelete