Monday, January 2, 2012

Undecking the Halls

     First of all, Happy New Year!
     This morning I began the process of undecking the halls.  All of the outside decorations and lights are packed away.  When I finished, I decided to take Katie for a walk. It had turned colder than it had been this morning, so I decided to go only around the block. As were walking on the next street I happened to glance to my right, and what do you think I saw? Not ten feet way from us in the driveway of the house we were passing, there was a flock of turkeys! Katie and I both froze;  we stared at the turkeys and they stared right back at us. They were not the least bit  concerned that we were so close. We watched them for a few minutes and then continued on our way.
     I spent the last few days at a quilting weekend in Stoughton. I should have been working on the "Joy" block of the month as I am a month or two behind, but I didn't want to work on something so demanding and time consuming. I wanted to work on something fun, so I started a new project. I had purchased this pattern, "Boots All Around" by June Jaeger, at the Houston Quilt Festival. Here's a peek at the center of the wallhanging waiting to be sewn.



Aren't these boots cute? I loved going through my batik stash in search of just the right fabrics.



 They will eventually be surrounded by a border of six inch Ohio Star blocks. I have completed six of those blocks and need to do ten more. When completed, this piece will hang in my sewing room.

2 comments:

  1. Those boots were made for walking!!! What a fun project and so cool that you were able to use your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from TQS liking the boots! xx

    ReplyDelete