Sunday, January 22, 2012

Super Bowl Bound

     I've been lax with my blogging, but I plan to do better. Thursday night I attended a lecture, "They came from Ireland," at the National Archives in Waltham, MA. In the past I've done some work on my family tree, and I picked up some good information that night. Click here for a list of upcoming genealogy workshops being offered.
     Yesterday, I drove with a friend through the blowing snow to Natick for a workshop on Photoshop Elements. We enjoyed it so much that we plan to return in two weeks for the intermediate level workshop.


 
      It has been a strange winter, and frankly, I'm glad we finally have a little snow on the ground. After church this morning, I went to take some photos at the South Shore Country Club. The lighting was very flat, but I was able to take these which appear to be almost black and white images.



     Later it was time for the AFC Championship game between the Baltimore Ravens and the New England Patriots. I was extremely anxious throughout this hard fought game. Our team, the Patriots,  ultimately triumphed. Now it's on to the Super Bowl!!!! Awesome!!!!!
     Finally, had my mom not passed away in 2007, today would have been her 100th birthday. She was a wonderful woman, and I will always be eternally grateful that she was so remarkably healthy and happy and remained at home until the last three months of her life. I truly hope that I have become half the woman that she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment