Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Final Thoughts about the Houston International Quilt Show

     Here are two more shots to give you an idea of just how large the display of quilts was. I stood in the middle of the display and shot these photos from both directions.




     While there are men who quilt, most men there were accompanying their quilter wives.  Check out the area set aside just for husbands. :-)


     On Thursday evening we attended a dinner with TQS members. If you don't know what TQS is, you can learn about it at The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims.  A fun way to end the week was attending the Ricky Tims concert on Saturday night.  Ricky stood at the door and personally greeted everyone entering the concert. I think that says a lot about the man. He is a phenomenal  quilter and also


a brilliant musician. After the concert I picked up his Christmas in a Small Town CD; the title song of which is lovely.
     After reviewing this post, I realized my camera had recorded the date as 2012. I never shoot with the date, so I must have accidentally turned on that feature which in this case is a year off. :-) Maybe it means that I should go back to Houston next year!
    

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a grand time. Some day, I hope to go to that show.

    ReplyDelete