Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Doing My Part to Help the Economy


     One of the overwhelming things about the Houston International Quilt Festival was its sheer size. Nothing can  prepare a first timer to the festival for this. There were over 1,000 magnificent quilts on display and also over 1,000 venders selling all kinds of quilt related goodies.  It made for a dazzling display looking down from the second floor of the convention center.




     See what I mean? So, are you wondering what I came home with? Well, let's see . . . there were three t-shirts, three books, nine patterns, five fat quarters, two yards of fabric, some angelina fibers, foils, four stamps, a roll of twenty-four yummy dyed pieces, and a few other items. I will certainly have lots to play with in the months ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great selection of goodies! What are you planning with the Angelina fibers? I bought some years ago. . .haven't used them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how I will use the angelina fibers, but I did see a couple of people demonstrating how to use them and I have a few ideas.

    ReplyDelete