Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Bog on My Blog


    Leaving Mass this morning, I glanced up at a brilliant blue sky filled with white puffy clouds. Now I had many things that I had planned to do today, but instead I went home, grabbed my camera bag, called a friend, and headed down to Carver in hopes of finding a cranberry bog being worked. After driving the back roads for a while, we finally found a bog being worked right along one of the main roads.

  
     If you have never seen a bog being harvested, let me attempt to explain the process.  First, the bog is flooded. Then a machine comes in which works similar to a giant egg beater to loosen the berries from the plants. The berries float to the surface.  The workers then corral the berries, which are then suctioned up and shot into a large truck which hauls them to the processing plant.


  
     On the way home, we stopped at Peaceful Meadows in Whitman for perhaps the last ice cream cone of the season. That was where this shot was taken.



     All in all, it was a great weekend as yesterday I attended the birthday party of my cousin's triplets. It was a joyous, boisterous, fun afternoon. For entertainment, there was even a wonderful juggler who delighted everyone both young and old.
     It's hard to believe that these beautiful children are now six years old. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment