Thursday, September 1, 2011

Aliens Among Us?

     Today is another picture perfect day. It's hard to believe that so many people are still dealing with the effects of last Sunday's storm. There are thousands of people without power. Fortunately, my area didn't see much damage. I never lost electrical power and had only branches to pick up on Monday. I am so, so very grateful.
     Here's a photo taken on the dock outside my room when I was up in Boothbay Harbor a few weeks ago.


Is it just me, or does this not make it appear that there are aliens among us? Speaking of things other worldly, I'm adding a link to the bottom of this blog page to NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day. The photos are [pun alert] truly out of this world! When you go to this site, click on "Discover the Cosmos" and be sure to take a look at a photo which was posted on Aug. 14th. It's a remarkable image of a tornado and a rainbow together originally taken in Kansas back in 2004. What makes the site interesting is that there is an explanation written by an astronomer each day describing what you are viewing. Some of the images would provide wonderful inspirations for quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment