Thursday, June 23, 2011

Midnight in Paris

     I met friends for lunch today and later a few of us went to see Midnight in Paris which was playing at the Loring Hall in Hingham. This modern, romantic comedy was directed and written by Wood Allen. The story is set in Paris, and the city never looked more beautiful than it does in this film. There is an unusual plot device which moves the story along. I don't want to reveal too much, but it involves stepping back in time; in this case, Paris of the 1920s. It was charming, and I would  give it a B+.
     Driving home from Hingham Center, I always like to drive pass the Abraham Lincoln statue. Imagine my surprise when I spotted Old Abe sporting a Bruins t-shirt.
It seems just about everyone is excited about our Stanley Cup Champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment