Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Still Life and Christmas Basket

     In keeping with my New Year's Resolution to try to finish up some of my quilting projects, I am pleased to report that I have finished a still life piece begun in a class last spring. Many of you know that I was lucky enough to attend a workshop led by Esterita Austin this past September in Tuscany. It was truly a dream vacation! Anyway, last spring I had seen notice on the website of the Quilters Way Quilt Shop in Concord, MA that they were offering a workshop with Esterita Austin.   Having seen her appearance on The Quilt Show with Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson, I signed up. It was a wonderful class, and this is the finished piece.

After meeting Teri and taking this class, I knew that I would brave getting on a plane alone and flying off to Italy to attend her workshop in Tuscany, and I loved every minute of it. For more information about Teri's work or her September trip to Tuscany, please visit http://www.esteritaaustin.com/.
     Finally, I was delighted to receive a call on Sunday evening informing me that I had won one of the raffle baskets at the quilt show that I had attended on Saturday. It was a Christmas themed basket with books, patterns, and fat quarters. Wasn't that a nice surprise!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to take a class with Esterita Austen! Your quilt is gorgeous. Thanks for looking at my blog and the nice comment on my postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is amazing! What fun to win a Christmas themed basket. Terry

    ReplyDelete