Tuesday, February 15, 2011

January "Joy" Quilt BOM

     My friends Donna, Edith and I fell in love with a BOM (Block of the Month) quilt being offered at Ann's Fabric in Canton, MA. The quilt is called "Joy," and it is from Whirligig Designs. (Doesn't the sound of the word, "whirligig" just make you want to smile? ) We picked up our first month's packet a couple of weeks ago and got together to work on the first blocks on Sunday at Donna's house. Fortunately, Edith had already assembled her first two blocks, so she coached and provided tips as we started ours. We needed to make two of the same blocks for January.


      I finished my blocks yesterday as I spent the day quilting with my friend Laurel. With all of the snowy, stormy weather we have been having, we haven't been able to meet on as many Mondays as we would have liked, but yesterday was a lovely day. We quilted for a few hours, then walked to a diner for lunch, and then came back and quilted some more.
     Before I close, let me share a photo of one of Donna's orchids that I took on Sunday. She has a wonderful knack for growing orchids. Isn't this one beautiful?

                
  

No comments:

Post a Comment