Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy 202nd Birthday, Abraham Lincoln!!!

     Abraham Lincoln's ancestors were early settlers of Hingham, MA, and this wonderful statue is near the town center.
     I have always been fascinated by Abraham Lincoln. I think I can trace it back to viewing John Ford's 1939 film, Young Mr. Lincoln which starred Henry Fonda. I couldn't have been more than ten, but I remember checking out and reading all of the books on Lincoln that they had in the children's section of the Tufts Library. That interest never waned and had I not been been an English Language Arts teacher, I would have loved to have taught American History.
     The other day I read that Stephen Spielberg is set to begin filming Team of Rivals based on the Doris Kearns Goodwin book next fall. Originally, Liam Neeson was to play the coveted role, but since he changed his mind, Daniel Day-Lewis will star in the movie which will have a late 2012 release.
      Today is also the birthday of my godchiild. . . Happy Birthday, KMR!

1 comment: