Friday, November 12, 2010

Plymouth Daredevil

   Yesterday I drove down to the Cape to visit two quilt shops. I found the fabric that I was looking for and rest assured I did my small part to help the economy. On the way home I decided to stop in Plymouth for lunch at the Lobster Hut. Later, heading along the waterfront I spotted a very large green kite. I continued on, but then my curiosity got the better of me and I circled back to take a closer look. This is what I saw.
   Let me tell you, it was bitter cold and windy. I can't even imagine the temperature of the water.  The wind gusts were so strong that this guy would be periodically lifted high up in the air before splashing down into the water.  He would then skim across the waves at a terrific speed. I'm sure he was having the time of his life and while it was thrilling to watch, I definitely won't be taking up this sport.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment